Found an injured or sick animal?
At this time, Aguacate Sanctuary and Rescue does not have the resources needed to take in injured animals. The maintenance and wellbeing of the animals at Aguacate all comes from generous donations and help from our volunteers. Please note that we do not have any veterinarians on staff at the sanctuary.
Please refer to the following resources to care for injured wildlife:
***YOU MUST TAKE ON FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ANIMAL YOU BRING IN TO THE VETERINARIAN CLINICS***
• VCA Animal Hospital 305-661-2573
• Paws & Claws 786-654-1116
Wildlife Rehabilitation Centers:
**Most wildlife rehabilitation centers will not take in non-native species.
There are a few exceptions, though**
• Wildlife Rescue of Dade County 305-342-1075
• Melina's Wildlife Rehabilitation Center 786-752-2122
• Pelican Harbor Seabird Station 305-751-9840
• Possum Posse 305-798-4663
• South Florida Wildlife Center (will take non-native species) 954-524-4302
DUCKS AND ROOSTERS
Aguacate is currently not accepting any ducks or roosters. At the moment, we are over capacity for both of these species. Since both of these species can be territorial, we limit the amount we take in to keep all animals involved safe.
Please refer to the following duck rescues to help with any concerns regarding ducks:
• Duck Haven 954-979-5044
• Duck Issues Duckissues@gmail.com